Budva Old Town
Budva was first inhabited 2,500 years ago. Because of its harmony, tightly packed houses, church towers, public buildings and narrow streets, the old part of Budva is very attractive.
Much of the architecture in the Old Town is of Venetian design. There are three main churches in the old town. The first is St. John’s which was built in the 7th century, second St. Mary’s of Punta dating from 840 and the third, The Holy Trinity church, which was built in 1804. The Venetian walls of the Old Town are a famous tourist attraction. During summer this town turns into City theatre with many local and foreign performances.
WARNING: When entering Dukley marina in Budva, do not sail between island Sveti Nikola and Bečići, sail between the lighthouses at course 013.